|Program & Eligibility|
|Description of The Programme|
The B.Sc. Nursing Course is of 4 years duration which includes theory and clinical practice. The internship shall be as prescribed by Kerala University of Health Sciences.
Sanctioned Strength :
40 seats ( LBS 20, Management 20 )
Affiliation from University :
2735/Ac.1/2/2010/kuhas - Dated : 13/06/2011
Government of Kerala :
G.O.(Rt) No.2474/2011/H&FWD - Dated : 07/07/2011
G.1584/2011/NC - Dated : 02/05/2011
|Eligibility for Admission|
- The applicant should have 17 years as of 31st December for the year of admission. The minimum age requirement will strictly be followed.
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary examination of the Board of Higher Secondary Education of Kerala or examinations recognized equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in biology separately, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together, are eligible.
- Candidate should be medically fit.
- Candidates who have passed the B.Sc. Degree (Three years course) examination with physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany or Biochemistry as main, and any one or two of the above subjects as subsidiaries, with 50% marks for main and subsidiaries taken together, subject to the condition that they have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala or examination recognized as equivalent there to with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects are eligible for admission to BSc Nursing.
- Fifty percent of seats are allotted for government quota students.
- Conditions for the management quota are to be fulfilled for admission as specified in the prospectus to professional course of the academic year issue by the Directorate of Medical Education.
|Eligibility for Examinations|
Candidates who have undergone the prescribed course of study for a period not less than 10 months of the academic year only can appear for the examination. No candidates shall be eligible for the examination unless he/she has secured a minimum of 80% or above attendance separately in theory and practical in each subject. A candidate must have 100% attendance in each of the practical areas before the award of degree.
A candidate who is absent for more than 60 days, within a period of three months during an academic year shall not be eligible to continue the course with the same batch of students. He / She may obtain special sanction for re admission with the junior batch of students from higher authorities (University/DME).